Dealing with divorce or separation can be a nightmare, made more difficult with negative equity.
Lenders are not known for their sympathy in a situation where ex-partners are “trapped together” owning a home neither of them wants.
Over 20 leading Matrimonial Solicitor practices refer cases to us where:
How can we help?
- The lender will not release either borrower from the mortgage
- The property cannot be sold via a “normal” market sale due to negative equity
- One partner has absconded leaving the remaining person to cover all costs
- A property has already been sold, surrendered or repossessed and the debt is “chasing” our client, sometimes years later
- Mortgage re-negotiation; securing a better interest rate, amendment to the term, transfer of equity
- Sale of your property and Settlement of your negative equity